tool for approximate mapping of long biosequences such as DNA reads
DescriptionMinimap is an experimental tool to efficiently find multiple approximate mapping positions between two sets of long biological sequences, such as between DNA reads and reference genomes, between genomes and between long noisy reads. Minimap does not generate alignments as of now and because of this, it is usually tens of times faster than mainstream aligners. It does not replace mainstream aligners, but it can be useful when you want to quickly identify long approximate matches at moderate divergence among a huge collection of sequences. For this task, it is much faster than most existing tools.
618 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.2-4 (Information last updated about 17 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".