FreeType version of Jam, a replacement for make
DescriptionThis is a version of Jam with additional features and bugfixes, which is maintained by the FreeType project. Perforce's Jam (formerly called Jam/MR, available in package "jam") is a powerful and highly customizable utility to build programs and other things, that can run on Un*x, Nt, VMS, OS/2 and Macintosh MPW, using portable Jamfiles. It can build large projects spread across many directories in one pass, and can run jobs in parallel where make would not. It takes some time to fully apprehend, especially when one's already accustomed to make(1), but there's no comparison in power when comparing these two tools. Standard rules:
- can automatically extract header dependencies for C/C++ (you cancustomize for you own language)
- provide for automatic "clean", "install", "uninstall" rules,so that an automake-like tool is not needed
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".