enable core files and report crashes to the sysadmin
Descriptioncorekeeper enables core files, reports crashes to the sysadmin and deletes old core files after 7 days. Core file dumping is enabled for all users, to restrict that, please remove or edit the config file at /etc/security/limits.d/corekeeper.conf On Linux core files are written to private per-userid dirs in /var/crash. Linux 3.6 and earlier have an issue that means all core files are written to the directory for root. If your system is running Linux 3.6 or earlier and is single-user (or you don't care about the privacy of core file names), you can avoid this issue by editing /etc/sysctl.d/corekeeper.conf. On kFreeBSD files are written to /var/crash, kernel limitations prevent core files from being written to private per-userid dirs. To fully remove this package it needs to be purged and the system rebooted.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".